Wednesday 9 September 2009

Dont show me in HD

Post two of two

Last night we watched our first High Definition programme...

Wowzers the programme was so much clearer and sharper ;o)

Paul Sr looked about 10 years older as you could really see all of his wrinkles. You could also see each individual facial hair (even the ones that were jutting out to the side).

And you could see how pockmarked Jim Quinns face was...

...yikes ;o)

They also went to Finland , where they are looking to branch out into Europe, one of the scenes showed it snowing and you could really see the snow clearly too.

One of the people Paul Sr was speaking to had a massive beard and you could see each individual hair really clearly too (luckily there was no food caught up in it) I was looking intently for a piece of reindeer stew caught up like a fly in a spiders web ;o).

I dont know if I would have upgraded had our sky+ box not have broken, but I am glad we did, I just hope that there are enough HD programmes to watch.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ultimately I think you probably made the correct decision in upgrading to Sky HD. Just doing a like for like replacement with a Sky+ box would probably have been cheaper in the long run but you may as well get the best you can.

In my store at the moment all the TVs are showing a side by side comparison of standard definition digital picture and Sky HD (they're giving away a Sky HD box with every new HD TV) and you can certainly see the difference, moreso on the better quality sets.

It would depend on what you want to watch I think whether there will be a lot of HD programming. There are several HD channels around now so hopefully you should be able to find something!

I'm even more tempted now!