Sunday 20 November 2011

a bit like jetlag

It was my last day at work on Friday and I had a great day...

My bosses even took me out for a goodbye lunch (they said that it was to make sure that I actually was going to leave ;o)).

The guys who work next door to us even laid on tea and cakes for us as a goodbye for me ;o).  They told us that they used to have "cake Wednesday", they werent kidding either...

...as they had nice cups, a teapot and some proper cake forks ;o)

One of my bosses asked me how I was with sleep deprivation?  I said that I didnt know but my only real experience has been when I have had jetlag and he said to me that it is a bit like jetlag...

...I am absolutely useless when I havent had enough sleep, so hopefully my adrenaline will kick in - well it better had!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is what James is for, he can get up sometimes too with the baby. Try to get naps when the baby is sleeping too. Babies do sleep a lot at first, but they do wake up in the night because they are hungry or they need a new diaper. Change it right away or the baby will have a diaper rash and those are hard to heal. Also wipe it off with a warm wash cloth. Those baby wipes are cold.

Eileen H said...

It's nice to be made a fuss of and sounds like they did you proud :)

Oh yes the night time feeds! It is difficult, no getting away from it but they soon start sleeping for longer periods. I used to give the last feed and change as late as I could manage! You'll need to start a routine as soon as you can.

chocolat lover said...

Connie - I am thinking of sleeping when she does...

...and I fully intend on utilising James for some of the night time feeds ;o)

Eileen - doing the last feed as late as possible sounds like a good plan ;o)

I have been told to get into a routine asap ;o)

Al said...

I suggest your routine should consist of two simple steps:

1. Poke James.
2. Make him do it.

Job done and you get plenty of sleep as well!

chocolat lover said...

Al - I think that it will go very similar to that ;o)