Sunday 6 May 2012

Im officially getting old

On Friday I got a letter from my Doctors surgery saying that as I am now over 40 (and under 70) they recommend that I have a health check every five years.  I guess that when you hit 70 then you just carry on with what you are doing.

Anyway in the letter was a bloodworks form to test you for cholesterol and diabetes and a load of other things probably

...as both my parents have diabetes I will definitely do it...

...although when I had my GTT back in October the figures came back ok so I should be good to go ;o).

It also said that you have an appointment 10 days after to discuss the results (and there is also a questionnaire to fill out asking about your exercise or in my case lack of it). 

3 comments:

Eileen H said...

You're very lucky to be getting a full MOT...we struggle to get an appointment at ours!

It's good to be get diabetes caught early. Martyn really suffered before he was diagnosed...but then if they did the MOT's for over 40's it would have been a different story!

You're not old....haven't you got another birthday coming soon :-)

Al said...

I have to echo that, you're lucky to have a doctor's surgery that is taking such a proactive approach. While appointments aren't a massive problem with ours they don't bother with anything like this.

chocolat lover said...

Eileen - its my birthday on Sunday ;o)

yes it is good that our doctors are doing this.

They do emergency appointments normally at 11am - its just a bit of a nightmare if you are after an early or late one - atm I can go for whats available (as long as I can get us ready in time that is) ;o)