Sunday 21 October 2012

booking up up and away

For our birthdays a couple of years ago James brother bought us a Virgin Balloon flight.

I was set to book it last year in the summer but then found out that I was pregnant, so I contacted Virgin and they told me that the tickets would be extended to expire nine months after my due date.

The tickets were extended until 8th October, and as I wanted to leave booking the flights until as late as possible I asked Virgin at the end of September that if they had any flights for next year.  I was told that the 2013 flights come out in October (but they couldnt say when), but if I wanted to extend the expiry date by four months it would cost us £20 (for both tickets).

As the dates for Essex come out on Fridays at 3 pm (on the Friday before our tickets expired) I was online and ready to book but no new dates appeared.  So I rang Virgin on the Saturday and they said that no dates had been released for Essex so I was going to have to extend our tickets (which is what I did).

So last Sunday I checked to see what was available and the date that had already been released had been fully booked!

Oh no!

Was this my one and only chance before the tickets expired again?

No of course it wouldnt be!

So after forgetting to check on Friday (after e-mailing my Sister-in-Law to let her know ideas for presents for Evie) I checked yesterday and have been able to book a date for March next year ;o)

2 comments:

Eileen H said...

Oh wow... now that's something to look forward to!

chocolat lover said...

it will be fun ;o)