Wednesday 18 September 2013

the rest of day three and day four and coming home

When we were pounding he streets finding an "acceptable" restaurant we passed Wagamama, as Evie loves eating rice, she is always saying "rice a rice" ;o) We decided to go there for our dinner that night ;o)

We didnt like the way that the tables were set out in long rows but as we were there early we had two clear tables between us and two girls who were on our row.

The high chair for Evie was an interesting concept too (it was one that was clamped to the table).

Because Evie doesnt tend to like big chunks of meat I got her this partly because I thought that the butternut squash in panko breadcrumbs would look a bit like chips...

...she ate the rice and some of the butternut squash and she ate the sweetcorn and some of my courgettes too ;o)

I had a really nice main course too but I cant remember what James had!

Evie had more ice cream for dessert and I had some apple gyoza dumplings and James had a trio of frozen yoghurts (you can see that I only remember the important bits ;o)).

When we were on our bus tour we passed Royal Victoria Park I really wanted to take Evie there before we went home.

We checked how far it was on my loan phone and it said that to walk there would take 25 minutes, so after breakfast off we went.

As she was moaning and groaning being in her buggy James gave her her toy giraffe to hold and her reins, halfway to the park I realised that she had dropped her reins (James hadnt bothered to clip them to the buggy as she likes to dangle them over the side!) so he retraced our route and found them.

We got to the park and luckily there wasnt too many people there, Evie had a great time running about and going down slides ;o)

Then just as we were about to leave I noticed that the giraffe was missing!  We retraced our route back and couldnt see it anywhere (I was even looking in bins and on benches and fences).

I told James that if his Mum asks where it is that we should just tell her the truth that Evie lost it on our way to the park, he said that his Mum would be really funny about it so we were looking in every shop we passed (she didnt let us have the bag from the shop it came from) to see if we could replace it.  We eventually found one so crisis was averted ;o)

As James really enjoyed Garfunkels we went there again for our lunch, the previous time as part of Evies lunch we chose to get salad so this time we went for the corn on the cob cobette, as I didnt think that Evie would be able to bite the corn off I decided to eat it myself!  She was watching me eat it so I had about half of it and left it to cool down so that Evie could try it.  She really loved biting the corn off ;o)

Another place that we passed was Jamies Italian and we decided to go there for our last night blow out meal ;o)  James told his Mum & Dad that I wanted to go there and they came along too.

I went for the Jimmys Farm Italian Sausage and Funky chips ;o)  James had some sort of salad (see if it I just dont take a lot of notice ;o)).  Evie had happy fish fingers - as usual she ate mainly the chips I think that she possibly had one of her fish fingers ;o).

Dessert wise we (or rather James) decided that Evie had had enough ice cream and that she should have fresh fruit (it was half an unripe banana half an apple and half an orange) I think that she ate some of the apple ;o)

I had lemon meringue pie and James had the special of rice pudding with berry compot.

Earlier in the week the owner of the apartment asked me what time she should come around on our last time to give us back our deposit so we told her 9.30 am, so just before 9.30 James took all of our luggage and Evies buggy down to the car so that we could set off after we handed back our keys.

We thought that she might have a quick inspection first but she just handed us back our deposit minus £5 for the parking permit so that was good ;o)

We had a few stops on our way home and got back home in the afternoon ;o)

2 comments:

Eileen H said...

You've had some lovely meals there.
I really enjoy eating corn on the cob too. We eat Japanese food when we visit London as son takes us to his favourite restaurants.

Bit of a disastrous walk to the park for you, losing Evie's reins and giraffe. Bit of luck you found a replacement, but I'm sure your in-laws would have understood. Children throw things out all the time, watch out for toys and even shoes and socks going missing.

Sounds like you had a fabulous week.

chocolat lover said...

I tried Evie on corn on the cob (again a half sized one) and she wouldnt touch it!

The walk to the park certainly was eventful!

We havent lost any shoes or socks YET ;o)