Thursday 19 June 2014

Tuesday was operation day

I was supposed to go in for my operation on Tuesday afternoon, but I got a phone call on Monday at 6pm asking me if I could go in on the Tuesday morning instead at 7.30am (at least it would mean less waiting around ;o)) so I said yes that would be fine.

So Tuesday morning I got up and got Evie up just before we were due to leave and asked her to make sure she let James know if she had done a poop (as he cant tell otherwise).

So I got to the hospital and told them that I was there for a hernia operation and they showed me to my room ;o)

wide door for beds to fit through
a one way window
toilet and sink
shower
narrow wardrobe
hospital bed
I was then seen by a nurse who asked me a load of questions and took my blood pressure and my temperature (I am guessing to make sure that I wanst ill).  I asked her what time she thought my surgery would be and she said that I was in the middle of his list and she reckoned I would between 11/12 o'clock. She also plonked down on the bed a gown, some modesty knickers and surgical stockings and to put the stuff on after I had seen the anesthetist.

knickers, gown and stockings
I was then seen by the surgeon and was asked if my hernia was still there and I said that it was.

I was then seen by the anesthetist and was asked about previous operations etc.

I then got myself dressed in the gown and watched tv and waited...

finally just before 12pm I was told that they were ready for me...

in the waiting area just outside they made sure I was who I was supposed be, then they said that I was getting anesthetized and the next thing I knew I was waking up in loads of pain...

after being given more pain relief I was taken back to my room and was bought in some tea and toast.

After a while I was seen by the surgeon who said that it had gone well and that I have to go back in a week to have the staples taken out, and that I would be able to go home soon.

About half an hour later a nurse came n to see if I was able to get up and go to the toilet, I then got dressed and waited for her to come back with the discharge papers and medication.

I finally got home just after 4pm and kept on saying to James that I would like a cup of tea and I had to wait three hours for one!  He clearly wont make a good nurse maid!

I found it quite hard the first night to get in and out of bed but I think last night it was slightly better.

James was supposed to be working from home for 2 weeks but got told on Tuesday that he cant for the whole time now!  So he will be the days that I need to do stuff!

6 comments:

Eileen H said...

Glad that everything went smoothly and you are OK. That looks more like a hotel room than a hospital ward!
Bit mean that James boss has backtracked and won't let him work from home now. I there any chance he could take some leave? Take it easy and don't try to do too much and listen to your body.

chocolat lover said...

thanks me too ;o)

The room certainly was nice ;o)

James took the actual day of the op and the following day as leave, and went into work yesterday and is working from home today as we have Evies eye test this afternoon.

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you are ok. I'm so sorry I have been MIA and missed this.

chocolat lover said...

Katy - thats ok ;o)

Kelly said...

I owe you a long email. I'm glad you're ok. Will write tomorrow.

chocolat lover said...

thanks Kelly ;o)