Sunday 1 November 2015

a great excuse for a "designer" handbag

I have not had much luck with handbags of late...

...the last few that I have bought the shoulder strap has been breaking on them!

So the last one I bought in Sainsburys I kept the label (just in case it happened again) and it broke this morning!

As it happened while we were in town I was looking in the shops to see if they had any bags that I liked.

I did see one that I liked on Roman but you cant view it on the website (how annoying is that?)

I then remembered that when I was in town earlier in the week with Evie I saw that Debenhams had a sale on, so I had a quick look in their window and sure enough it said that there was 20% off designer handbags...

...so I marched in there with James and Evie following in me and chose this one ;o)

hee hee I have again kept the label just in case it breaks ;o)

I will take my other one back to Sainsburys when we go there next.

8 comments:

Eileen H said...

I do like your new handbag :)

I have to own up to having quite a few handbags. I bought a Betty Jackson Black handbag for work from Debenhams, but don't use it now I'm retired :-)

chocolat lover said...

thanks...

...I do like nice handbags ;o)

chamonix44 said...

I couldn't really see it in the photo because when I clicked on the link a pop-up wanted me to register with them and it covered the handbag. I tried several times. But never mind I will see it at Christmas. How much did you get it for in the sale? Kimberley bought me a nice handbag for my birthday. I was really surprised because my handbag broke last time I was in England and I bought a new one there in a sale and when Kim saw it after my holiday she critised me and said every time I go to England I come home with a new handbag, (albeit that I usually only pay £10 in Primark for one every 6 months), and she said I must have more money than I let on. She meant it too. So you could have knocked me down with a feather when she presented me with a nice handbag a month and a half after critisising me for getting a new one in England. But then anyone can knock me down with a feather these days as my legs and feet are so swollen that I feel very unstable walking on them. :(

chocolat lover said...

I got it for £36 instead of £45 ;o)

Im hoping that a more expensive bag will last longer than the cheaper ones.

Although saying that it didnt work with the bags that I had bought from Accessorize.

my last bag only lasted 6 months, so I will try take it back and will see if I can get my money back (it was only £14 from sainsburys).

Hope your legs and feet feel better soon.

chamonix44 said...

Mine only last 6 months anyway as I tend to use the same one all the time, but I guess I carry too much in them. Having said that we only ever go out about twice a week. Once to church and maybe once or twice shopping unless a rare social event occurs! Did you see my email about wines and spirits? I enter lots of comps for wines etc. Need to know if you or James drink it.

chocolat lover said...

not sure really how long handbags are supposed to last, but I do use mine most days.

Eileen H said...

You're going to hate me but about 5 years ago I guess, I treated myself to a Radley handbag, they have a doggy tag:) I paid an obscene amount of money for it (£150) but it's leather and still looks like new. It is a handbag and not a shoulder strap though and I don't use it all that often!

chocolat lover said...

its good to have a nice handbag for special occasions ;o)