Thursday 26 May 2016

it was all good

We went to the new parents induction meeting last night at Evies new school :)

Her teacher is really nice so thats good.

We have been given a ton of paper work that has to be in by 17th June!

I have booked the teacher home visit (I have organised it for the afternoon to give me time to tidy up) :)

I have also booked her storytime (which I am allowed to stay for too)

And her school dinner experience - typically (as we have pre school those days) they are only on Wednesdays and Fridays - Wednesdays are roast dinners (which I would have gone for) and Fridays is fish.

We went for a Friday one and as I dont like fish I am having vegetarian chili and for dessert it is iced sponge or muller fruit corner yogurt :)

I also have Evies timeline for starting school...

...we have one afternoon the first week, a week of afternoons (including having to bring in a packed lunch one day) and then she starts full time!

I asked Evie this morning if she liked her teacher and she said "no" and I asked her if she liked her new school and she said "no".

3 comments:

Eileen H said...

I'm rally surprised that starting school is so involved these days! I can't believe you have to be home checked but appreciate that these things are done for good reasons.
Now, don't forget you must do your homework and have it back in good time. I hope you enjoy your school dinner too :-)
Don't worry about Evie, she'll love going to school full time :)

The Captain said...

Home visit? What's that about? Think I prefer to keep professional boundaries. Glad we never had that.

chocolat lover said...

Eileen - I have done most of my homework on Friday - it took me an hour and a half!

the home visit is to help the kids to settle into school better...

...apparently the teacher coming into her home will make Evie feel more at ease with it all.