Tuesday 19 July 2016

she did well

When Evie woke up yesterday morning I told her that it was the day of her show and she started crying saying that she didnt want to do it...

So I gave her a hug and told her that it was ok to be scared but she would have a great time :)

So we got into town and had lunch at Wildwood I knew it would be easier getting her to the theatre if we were already in town (especially as we had to be there for 1.45 pm for the final rehearsals).

So we finished our lunch and I was going to get her changed in the toilets when I realised that we may as well get to the theatre and get her changed there! :)

The lady who runs the dance place was there (clipboard in hand) and she told me that they would get her changed backstage, Evie happily went off with them so that was good.

I waited for my friend to turn up as her daughter was in the show too :)

James had booked the afternoon off so I walked to meet him an the way back to town so we could have a drink on our own together without Evie (I must say it was very strange and it felt like I had an arm missing!).

I am pleased to say there were no phone calls saying that Evie was really upset so that was good :)

We got to the theatre and found our seats (we were in the second row).

The show started off with a montage of photos of how the rehearsals had gone and there was a photo with Evie in (and she didnt look overly unhappy).

The toddler class dances were intermingled with the seniors as well so that was good.

Evies class was the last one before the finale...

...I half expected her to start crying and say she didnt want to go on.

She was lead on with the other girls and was even doing what she was supposed to do (a teacher was there at the side showing them what to do in case they forgot) but she did have her humpy face (mouth tight shut rather than smiling) which made me smile.

I asked her after if she enjoyed it and she said yes, then I asked her if she wanted to do a show again and she said no.

So we will have to wait and see what she says next year :)

We are so proud of her they all did really well :)

We werent allowed to take photos or do any filming but can buy the dvd (at an extortionate price) and they have photos which will be available to look at at the end of the week!

2 comments:

Eileen H said...

Well done Evie!
You really must buy the DVD whatever the cost. They know their on a winner as what parent could resist a keepsake like that, I know I couldn't :)

chocolat lover said...

yes we will buy a copy of the DVD :)