Sunday 23 October 2016

no new negatives

On Thursday I had our first school parents evening...

...a friend had already told me to look out for the pictures that the kids had done of themselves on the wall outside


So I got into the classroom and found Evies books

there was her learning journal which had pictures of her and what she had been getting upto :)

maths - which was all things numbers

literacy - which was all things words :)

then came to the chat with the teacher...

...he told me that she was very quiet at first and not joining in but just hovering and that she doesnt hover so much anymore but she still isnt really playing with the other children yet.

I told him that she has told me that she has made some friends and he said that it was good that she was talking about other children.

He also mentioned that she was slow eating her lunch and that she doesnt have time for a play after (she has told me that she does have a little play after her lunch) he said that it was important that she eats her lunch and that as she spends so long in there its hard to know how much she has eaten - I said that she doesnt come home starving so she must be eating enough at lunchtime.

He then said that she is slow getting dressed /before/after PE, I told him that she does take a long time - he then said which did annoy me that he thought she had trouble putting her PE kit on (its a t-shirt and shorts) so I said she can get dressed she just takes "a hell of a long time" he thinks that I should get her to practice!

He also said that he thinks she had difficulty moving - I told him she can move but she just does it in her own time.

He said that they will work on getting Evie to play withe the other kids more, and I said that she has always don activities with other children such as Tumble Tots and tap dancing and swimming lessons.

But he was impressed that she knew all of her shapes so that was good :)

And that she is now going to the snack table to get herself a snack too :)

Her next parents evening is in March - so hopefully she has improved a bit :)

4 comments:

Eileen H said...

I do like Evie's self portrait, glasses and all :)

Don't worry too much, Evie is probably just a little bit shy of making new friends, just a thought.

chocolat lover said...

thanks Eileen - Evie is shy :) she tells me that she is making friends so hopefully she will start playing with those girls soon :)

Agent 54 said...

Good luck with your sweet daughter and her education. It's great that you're so involved.

chocolat lover said...

Thanks Timothy :)