Monday 22 January 2018

to q or not to q too

As our new Sky+HD box had still not arrived I decided to call sky today to find out what was happening (in other words if they had sent it or not).

The guy I spoke to looked at our account and the upshot was that it hadnt been sent.  A supervisor was supposed to authorise payment going onto our account (the system wasnt working properly) but it never got authorised and I wasnt told despite a note on there saying to let me know it it didnt go through.

After me saying that I wasnt happy I was then put through to another team to see what they could do for me.

The new bloke said that they could do me a Q box for £20 (without the multiscreen subscription) and and would I be interested, so I double checked that it wouldnt cost us anything extra and he said that it wouldnt, so I said yes and he even said that they might me able to do something about our monthly subscription too.  They have reduced it down for 18 months :)

I did ask if I was getting this deal because I complained and the bloke told me that the cancellation team (whoa I didnt use the word cancel) can offer better prices for customers.  I dont like the idea of threatening to cancel just to get a better deal and as I didnt actually say I wanted to cancel but I did say that I wasnt happy I got a good deal anyway.

I just have to wait another month now for the Q box to be fitted :)

3 comments:

Eileen H said...

I've heard about this happening before, they don't like unhappy customers and will then do a deal. Seems strange that they didn't send out your replacement box in the first place. They are not the easiest company to deal with but it sounds like you've got a good result :)

The Captain said...

I did that once before. I threatened to cancel some years ago and I got a free upgrade. I don't think it's a fair way of conducting business.

I recently got Sky Q via their loyalty scheme and I think it's a loads better system (once you get used to it).

chocolat lover said...

Eileen - I was pleased with how it turned out...

Kirt - I agree its not a good way to do things, and I wouldnt do it in case they they said "bye bye".

We were offered sky q for free via their loyalty scheme but it was only if you took their multiscreen too (and £12 per month on top too) and we didnt need that, which was why I just wanted a new sky+hd box.

I bet Evie will get the hang of it far quicker than me & James :)