Thursday 29 March 2018

capacity and the letter

Yesterday while I was helping out in class the maths they were doing was on capacity of different objects...

a tub, milk bottle, jug box, and bottle

And after Mrs W (Miss B wasnt in yesterday morning) saw how much water each thing held (filling it with a small cup) the children then had to write down in order from greatest to smallest and then do comparisons between 2 objects as a sentence.

Such as "the capacity of the tub is less than the milk bottle".

I was helping J with it (she asked me to help her) and as Evie was sitting at the next table I was checking on her also.

Evie did it all properly and even wrote the sentence in her own words :) The teacher wrote down on the white board how the sentence should be written and then they had to do 1 on their own too.

It was then time to go home and Miss B got us helper Mums an Easter egg each (so that was nice) I told Evie on our way home after school and I told her that she could help me eat it :)

At pick up time Miss B gave me the letter for the doctor in an unsealed envelope so that we could read it.

I read it when Evie was having her dinner..

..there were a few thing in there that I thought were unfair...

...she said that Evie cant ride a bike, she doesnt have a bike and has never tried to ride one.

She also said about Evie sometimes having accidents at school where she is desperate for the toilet and that hasnt happened for about 5 months now.

She also said that Evie writes letters and number backwards (I have only ever seen her get b and d around the wromg way adn that hasnt been for quite a while also.

She also said that Evie cant catch a ball - which she can

She also said that her drawings are immature!

So I am now gathering evidence before our appointment to show the doctor and will video her throwing a ball in the air and catching it.

2 comments:

Jules said...

I'm really shocked by the letter. Even if it was all true, none of it would give me cause for concern. Try not to worry too much.
Enjoy your egg! X

Eileen H said...

Do try not too worry, as you say you can disprove some of those things that have been said. They do seem unfair criticism to me too. You and Evie enjoy your egg :)