Thursday 21 June 2012

health check

A couple of weeks ago I went for the blood tests for my health check.

Yesterday I had my appointment with the nurse.

She asked me if I had any concerns and I mentioned my friend Emma and how I was now paranoid about getting breast cancer, and she told me to limit myself to checking once a month and to do it when having a shower.  And that if its caught early then the chances are good.

I had to take a urine sample in with me which was clear ;o)  The only thing that the blood tests bought up was that my cholesterol was slightly high.  Other than that my chances of anything nasty developing is low ;o).  I should cut out sausages, pies and pasties, and I should start eating fish.  I used to eat tuna so will buy a tin of it next when we are out shopping.

I do love my sausages (thank goodness that the sausage lady doesnt do them anymore ;o)).

And that I should try to learn to Swim that Evie doesnt pick up on my fear.

2 comments:

Eileen H said...

Losing your friend Emma is still very recent and understandably you have concerns and worries.
I think you eat lots of fresh fruit and vegetables anyway and have a healthy diet. Definitely cut down on your sausages, pies and pasties and regard them as a treat, you don't need to give them up completely :-)
I can't swim either and I have tried to learn as an adult and still can't do it! As a child we had to go to the open air swimming pool and the water was always freezing and that's what I blame.
You should go to swimming lessons with Evie, I think babies can swim naturally and it'd be a great experience for you both.

chocolat lover said...

will definitely try to take her ;o)