Tuesday 21 June 2016

song story story song

I had been telling Evie that we were going to her school yesterday for story time and she seemed ok with it, but when we went up to get her changed into her school dress (she was the only one wearing uniform again) she started crying so I gave her a cuddle and told her that I would be with her and we would have fun.

But because James was with us she did her full "screaming" bit knowing that it has worked (at getting her out of going somewhere) in the past, but it didnt work this time because it was something for her rather than me.

We got to Evies school just before the start time, and I saw there was a backlog of parents with children waiting to be allowed in....

...a few minutes later we moved forward and I had to give them Evies name and then we followed everyone else into the room where we had our original presentation for the parent tour.

We sat down and the two Reception teachers came in with some other ones (for moral support I guess :)).

We started off by singing the wheels on the bus, then we had a story Ridiculous and then Peace at Last and then we finished with singing if your happy and you know it.

She had a big smile on her face and enjoyed herself so that was good.

On our way out her teacher was on the door saying goodbye to the kids and saying that he will see them for the induction visit :)

I have told her that next time we go I will have to leave her there for an hour and a half...

...I know that one is going to be hard!

2 comments:

Eileen H said...

Oh dear. The thing is she'll love school once she gets in and used to it. Leaving them on their first day is hard for the children and Mums too.

The Captain said...

It all gets easier and pretty soon you'll wonder what all the fuss was about.