Wednesday 14 September 2016

simianus non gratia

Yesterday (apart from crying when she woke up) Evie was quite happy to go to school (because Sidney went with her),

After she had her lunch we were getting ready, she suddenly said that she wanted to get Sidney, so I told her that Mr F might not let her take him in again, and she said that he would :)

We got upto school and the EYFS gate was already open so we stood outside of the classroom and the teacher then welcomed the kids in.

So I asked Evie if she would like me to take Sidney home with me and Mr F said "if you dont mind"...

...so I gently asked her to hand Sidney back to me and she stood in the doorway probably for no more than 30 seconds and gave Sidney a kiss and then kissed her care bear charm (on her book bag) and let me take Sidney home.

I didnt get to see if she was upset or not, but she went in.

Just as I was leaving I saw a Mum walk up carrying her crying daughter :(, and I saw Mrs S sitting outside with her :)

When I came to pick Evie up I saw her teacher leading them back from the playground, I asked her what they were playing and she didnt know! :)

I have booked Evies first month of school lunches online, hopefully she will tell me then what she likes and I can do her packed lunches on the days that she doesnt like the food.

I have also signed up to parentmail and have downloaded the app :)

And have been given a whole load of diary dates - I will have to ask if the KS1 things include EYFS.

And I have also written her first book in her reading record.

2 comments:

Eileen H said...

I'm quite astonished that you can book school lunches online and have parentmail. How times have changed :)

chocolat lover said...

Everything is online now - even the white board is interactive!